Great tips for dating on Internet
Are you ready for making some new friends online that can share
your thoughts, some light moments and can even solve your problems
in just a mouse click? Online dating has revolutionized the lives
of millions of singles. I'll now outline in a few strategies how
to play the online dating game...
1. Choose the right site. You've got a countless to choose from; the first dating sites, which entered the market generally, covered specific countries whereas now you can opt for many of the popular niche sites, which are proving to be very popular. You can try city specific sites or lifestyle related sites if you're seeking a very particular type of partner. The big, global sites aren't necessarily the best ones so it's worth doing a bit of research on the search engines to locate the one that is just right for you.
2. Don't look like you can't be bothered. When you join a dating site, the first thing you'll be asked to do is create your online profile, some of which is generally just multiple choice tick boxes with usually one or two sections where you have to say something about yourself and the type of person you're looking to meet. If you leave sections blank or say very little about yourself, you'll only promote a very negative impression of yourself.
3. Upload a photo. Online dating is very much a visual experience and not just from the perspective of joining a great looking site. Be honest, the first thing you'd do on a site is check out the photos of the members who fall within your chosen criteria in regard to age, gender and location. Members who post photos to accompany their profiles receive up to eight times more responses than those who don't bother. After all, if you want to see what other people look like before deciding to message them, you can be sure that others will feel the same way about you.
4. Don't use sexual innuendo or bad language. This applies to your profile, the username that you choose as your on-site identity and the mails, which you send out to other members. Many guys think it's either clever or amusing to be a little suggestive and smutty at an online dating site - it isn't and if you go down that route, you'll find that everyone will give you a very wide berth indeed.
5. Think before you write to anyone. OK, you've joined a great site, created a terrific, upbeat profile and you've spotted a couple of people with whom you reckon you're very compatible. Don't just write to them and say 'I like you, please write back to me' - tell them why you think you might get on well, why you're attracted to them and what you believe you've got in common. You don't have to write a long essay just a short paragraph or two by way of an initial introduction. And check your spelling before you click on 'send'; if you come across as illiterate, you wont be taken very seriously by the recipient of your message.
6. Log-in on a regular basis. There are two reasons why you should check back with your chosen dating site at least once every day. It gives you an opportunity to view the latest profiles and photos and many sites will put you at the top of the search listings whenever you log-in which means that your details will be more visible to other members who are searching the database for a suitable partner. There's no point in joining a dating site, particularly if you are paying to do so, if you're not going to use it on a very regular basis.
So what are you waiting for? Join the online dating revolution today!
All the best and have fun in your life. Still looking for some more dating tips or discussion, visit www.teensdiscussion.com [Teens Discussion, Chat and Dating Forum - Join the Free Discussion, Chat and Dating Forum. Talk about anything from friends, relationships, dating, movies, music, girl to girl talk, teen health issues, celebrities, technology, books, hobbies...and make new friends!]
Teens Discussion, Chat and Dating Forum
About the Author